As much as we dread it, acne and acne scars are a common skin problem that many of us often face. They tend to make the skin look dull and blemished. Acne tends to appear when the skin pores get clogged creating a conducive environment for bacteria to thrive on the skin. This then leads to other complications besides just acne.
However, several other factors have been linked to the formation of acne. Some of the most notable include cases of hormonal imbalances, dehydration, irregular body heat, poor skin care routines, and poor diet.
Treating acne is possible through the use of natural remedies. While the list of option for treating acne and acne scars is long, Aloe vera sits at the top of the list. This natural herb in the lily family had antibacterial and healing abilities that can eradicate the acne while helping to clean and open up the pores. Aloe vera also helps to reduce inflammation.
Aloe vera can be used in more than one way to clear the skin of acne and acne scars. Below are some of the home remedies options that you can try making using aloe vera.
- ALOE VERA WITH LEMON JUICE – It is a remedy that works great on scar marks and reduces blemishes that form after the pimples heal. Take a half a teaspoon of lemon juice and mix it with a teaspoon of aloe vera gel and them apply the mixture directly to the affected areas each night. Rinse off in the morning.
- UNADULTERATED ALOE VERA EXTRACT – The gel extracted from the leaves of the Aloe Vera plant is effective even in its plain form. Just take freshly extracted juice and apply it on the skin and then let it sit for a few hours before rinsing thoroughly using warm water.
- ALOE VERA WITH TEA TREE OIL – Tea tree oil is used in skincare to treat pimple outbreaks and scars. Blending the oil with Aloe Vera juice creates a very potent remedy that kills the bacteria on the skin while cleaning and moisturizing the skin. You can take a tablespoon of aloe vera juice, add few drops of tea tree oil, and then apply it to the affected area. Let it sit for about an hour before rinsing it off.
- ALOE VERA WITH HONEY –This is a mixture of two of the most efficient products that nature has to provide. While honey in its pure form can be used to rid the skin of blemishes, the combination of the two makes a very effective remedy for acne and acne scars. Take equal parts of the Aloe Vera gel and honey, mix the two, and apply it to your skin. Give it a few minutes before you rinse off with warm water.
- ALOE VERA WITH TURMERIC – Adding turmeric to the aloe vera gel boost the antibacterial properties that making the mixture a good remedy for treating acne and pimples. You will need half a teaspoon of the aloe vera juice and mix it with two pinches of turmeric.